Congregation of Sisters of Mercy of St.Borromeo
Congregation of Sisters of Mercy of SV. Charles Borromeo
is a female religious community which was founded in the 17th century in France. The first sisters came to Bohemia in 1837. The focus of activities is a compassionate service to a suffering human - historically realized primarily in the care of the sick, the underprivileged, children, old people and other similar. The Congregation has been building hospitals, schools and institutions of nursing and social care.
Currently, the congregation is running following activities:
Hospital of Sisters of Mercy of St. Borromeo in Prague
House of St. Borromeo in Prague - Řepy (facility providing nursing and social care, closely cooperating with the Ruzyne prison to work with female prisoners)
House of St. Anthony in the Moravian Budejovice (home for the elderly)
Renting a building for House of Charity home for retired sisters in Albrechtice
Renting a building for Hospice St. Johann Nepomuk Neumann in Prachatice
Renting a building for Gaudium in Frydek-Mistek (long-term sick hospital).
More information on www.boromejky.cz